With all of the snowstorms happening, we have been spending tons of time at our local hardware store picking up shovels, flashlights and firewood. Luckily, it gave me a chance to grab a few paint chips that I needed for a fun Valentine’s Day craft idea I saw on the web.
I got the original idea from Pinterest, but I decided to change mine up a bit:
You will need paint chips, a classic hole punch, scissors, decorative ribbon, and a heart shaped hole punch.
- Select whatever paint chips you prefer – there are many shades of pink and red available. I prefer Ben Moore brand because the paint chips are a bit smaller.
- Using a heart shaped whole punch, align the whole punch on the side of the paint chip where the name of the paint color is shown.
- Slide the whole punch all the way in and press.
- Now you will have a cute little heart shaped cut out on the side of the paint chip (as shown in photo).
- Repeat on each section all the way down the paint chip.
- Using a classic hole punch, make a hole at the top center of the paint chip. Thread the decorative ribbon through the hole and tie in a secure knot.
Now you have an adorable Valentine’s Day gift – easy and extremely inexpensive! Great for kids’ friendship Day or Valentine’s Day classroom party gifts.