Enjoy a pretty addition to your holiday table!
❅ ❄ ❆
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (205 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening with the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Sift the flour and salt into the creamed mixture and stir gradually. Chill the dough for an hour.
- Roll the chilled dough out to about 1/8 thick and cut into desired shapes. Bake on ungreased (important or cookies will spread) non-stick cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 6 to 8 minutes. Allow cookies to cool thoroughly before decorating (very important).
I use royal icing to decorate -gives cookies a nice smooth surface. It is super easy!
Royal Icing Recipe:
3 tbsp meringue powder
4 cups confectioners sugar
5 tbsp warm water – makes 3 cups
Paint cookies with edible paint icing or add blue color ( desired shade ) the royal frosting recipe. Garnish with silver dragees, sugar pearl, or sparkling sugar as desired!
These cookies were inspired by Christine at A Sprinkle of This and That blog.