Try these creative holiday treats your kids will love!
Items you will need:
- Decorators chocolate (candy melts)
- Cinnamon dots (imperials)
- Small lollipop sticks
- Treat bags
- Confetti sprinkles
- 1 cake mix (any flavor)
- Parchment paper
- Drying rack
- Gold or tan pipe cleaners
Cake ball directions:
- Using a cake mix and bake a cake per cake mix directions.
- Let the cake stand until it has cooled.
- Place the cake into a large bowl and crumble it using both hands.
- When the cake is completely crumbled add a small amount of frosting into the cake . You only need a small amount in order for the cake to adhere into balls.
- Remove a small ice cream scoop sized ball of cake.
- Carefully pat the cake ball together and roll it gently into a ball ( One cake mix should make approximately 36 balls).
- After the cake balls have been shaped, place balls on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Place one stick half way through each cake ball.
- After you have finished putting a stick into each cake ball, place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill.
Dipping and decorating directions:
- Remove the cake balls from the refrigerator.
- Melt the chocolate coating in a microwave safe bowl.
- Have the cake balls in the refrigerator chilling for 30 minutes.
- One at a time, carefully dip the cake ball into the chocolate up to the top of the stick.
- Remove cake balls from the chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to run of
- Allow the chocolate to begin to harden slightly and gently place the nose (cinnamon dots) and the eyes (confetti sprinkles) on – they will naturally adhere to the hardening chocolate.
- Place the finished cake pops upright in a stand. I got creative and used a rainbow loom (one of many) we had lying around. The pops fit perfectly in the small holes (see photo below).
8. Let the pops dry completely- approximately 30 minutes.
9. After the pops have thoroughly dried, take one of the treat bags and place the pop gently inside (ball first).
10.Using 2 tan or gold pipe cleaners (cut in half) create the antlers by wrapping the two pipe cleaners around the stick once. You should have 2 small pipe cleaners sticking out of each side of the stick. twist and shape into the shape of antlers (see photo below).
There you have it – adorable red nosed reindeer cake pops!
Perfect stocking stuffers, party favors, and holiday classroom treats!