My 5 Little Monkeys love these!
Prep time: 20 mins – Makes 2 dozen
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting (whipped)
- 24 vanilla wafers (minis)
- Black and red decorating gel
- 48 green M&M’s
- 12 Nutter Butter cookies (minis)
- Use a ready to make cake mix for easy baking ease – a huge time saver.
- Use chocolate whipped frosting for easy spreading.
- Use sharp knife, to cut off the end of the vanilla wafer – discard the rest. Place a wafer on each cupcake, with the newly rounded edge at the bottom of cupcake
- Use a skinny tube of red gel and carefully draw in the shape of the mouth (see below) .
4. Place M&M’s above wafers for eyes. Make dots on the M& M’s for the pupils using a skinny tube of black icing. Using a large tube of chocolate decorator frosting with a #16 star tip, draw the hair. Carefully separate cookies; cut each in half. Position one on each side of cupcakes for ears.